At one time of another, you may have heard an old-timer say “They don’t make them like they used to”. When it comes to libraries, that is most certainly the case. These eleven beautiful libraries are among the most majestic buildings in the world.
1. George Peabody Library – Baltimore, USA
2. Austrian National Library – Vienna, Austria
3. Handelingenkamer Tweede Kamer Der Staten-Generaal Den Haag Lii – Netherlands
4. The City Library – Stuttgart, Germany
5. St. Florian Monastery – Austria
6. Bibliothèque Nationale De France – Paris, France
7. Library of Congress – Washington, D.C., USA
8. Trinity College Library – Dublin, Ireland
9. The National Library of Prague – Czech Republic
10. Biblioteca Real Gabinete Portugues De Leitura – Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
11. The Admont Library – Admont, Austria
I can’t tell if these are making me want to travel or to read right now — maybe both!